May 6, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
There were several emotional moments that brought Durant to tears. He was as gracious as possible, while thanking teammates individually as well as his family members who were in attendance.
It was as authentic a display from a superstar as you’ll ever see. Check out Durant’s speech in the video clip above.
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 2
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 8
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 22