May 6, 2014, 7:03 PM EDT
The Little Monsters are on the rampage… at least on twitter.
For those who are too old or just flat out don’t care, Little Monsters is the nickname of Lady Gaga’s hardcore fans.
Tuesday the Verizon Center announced that Lady Gaga’s concert scheduled for May 15 was moved to May 12, the reason is to make way for the potential Game 6 in the building between the Washington Wizards and the Indiana Pacers. I know, as pathetic as the Pacers looked in Game 1 this may not go six, but the promotors and arena planners can’t count on that.
Understandably, some people were ticked off — people paid money, cleared out calendar days, in some cases booked flights and hotel rooms and now have to try to change it. If they can.
But some of the venting on twitter was pretty funny.
(For the record, the Wizards pack the Verizon Center more than 45 times a year between preseason, regular season and, at least this year, playoff games. They win the dollar battle.)
Why can't they have the basketball game outside?—
Matt (@hausofmatto) May 06, 2014
Sports before art and music. THATS what's wrong with this country.—
†ina | lady gaga (@tinaalva) May 06, 2014
- Official ‘Clipper’s Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 0
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 11
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48