May 6, 2014, 7:03 PM EDT
The Little Monsters are on the rampage… at least on twitter.
For those who are too old or just flat out don’t care, Little Monsters is the nickname of Lady Gaga’s hardcore fans.
Tuesday the Verizon Center announced that Lady Gaga’s concert scheduled for May 15 was moved to May 12, the reason is to make way for the potential Game 6 in the building between the Washington Wizards and the Indiana Pacers. I know, as pathetic as the Pacers looked in Game 1 this may not go six, but the promotors and arena planners can’t count on that.
Understandably, some people were ticked off — people paid money, cleared out calendar days, in some cases booked flights and hotel rooms and now have to try to change it. If they can.
But some of the venting on twitter was pretty funny.
(For the record, the Wizards pack the Verizon Center more than 45 times a year between preseason, regular season and, at least this year, playoff games. They win the dollar battle.)
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 0
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 12
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6