May 6, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Here is why this matters: For Brooklyn to beat Miami they are going to need great point guard play. Deron Williams has to own the series that starts Tuesday night in Miami.
During Game 6 between the Nets and Raptors, Williams rolled his ankle.
Before Game 7, he got a couple shots in those ankles, Williams told reporters at shootaround Tuesday. From Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News.
Williams also said this would not slow him against the Heat. He had 13 points on 3-of-8 shooting, with four assists in Game 7 against Toronto.
Williams averaged just 7.3 points a game on 33 percent shooting against Miami this season, although he did dish out 7.3 points a game against them.
That said, it’s very hard to read into the regular season meetings between the Nets and Heat and pull much of value out of those games to apply to the playoffs. Dwyane Wade and Kevin Garnett both missed games, while Norris Cole got huge run against the Nets. By the way, the Nets playoff starting lineup did not play one minute together this season against the Heat.
Williams will have to have a big series against the Heat, we’ll see if his ankle lets him approach that.
- Report: DeAndre Jordan “on verge ” of taking max deal to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 10
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 7
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 22
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 10
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0