May 5, 2014, 6:12 PM EDT
The Washington Wizards can solve this problem, all they have to do is sweep the Indiana Pacers.
As that is not likely — although predicting how Indiana is going to play this series is impossible — the Verizon Center in Washington D.C. now has a battle with The Fame Monster on its hands.
The venue is double booked for May 15: Game 6 between the Wizards and Pacers, and a Lady Gaga concert. The fantastic Michael Lee at the Washington Post has the details.
The Wizards released a statement on Saturday night that read, “We are aware of the potential conflict and are working with the promoter in the event Game 6 is necessary, more information will be released when it becomes available.”
They are trying to find a new date… shouldn’t there be some Washington Wizards playoff dates available? They’re not using them.
This does happen every once in a while, remember last season Game 7 in Brooklyn between the Nets and Bulls forced Rihanna to reschedule her concert. They gave her courtside seats and everyone was happy.
What is funny is the Washington Post found some Little Monsters (aka Gaga fans) who took to twitter freaking out about a potential change.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 0
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 15
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 77
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19