May 5, 2014, 6:12 PM EDT
The Washington Wizards can solve this problem, all they have to do is sweep the Indiana Pacers.
As that is not likely — although predicting how Indiana is going to play this series is impossible — the Verizon Center in Washington D.C. now has a battle with The Fame Monster on its hands.
The venue is double booked for May 15: Game 6 between the Wizards and Pacers, and a Lady Gaga concert. The fantastic Michael Lee at the Washington Post has the details.
The Wizards released a statement on Saturday night that read, “We are aware of the potential conflict and are working with the promoter in the event Game 6 is necessary, more information will be released when it becomes available.”
They are trying to find a new date… shouldn’t there be some Washington Wizards playoff dates available? They’re not using them.
This does happen every once in a while, remember last season Game 7 in Brooklyn between the Nets and Bulls forced Rihanna to reschedule her concert. They gave her courtside seats and everyone was happy.
What is funny is the Washington Post found some Little Monsters (aka Gaga fans) who took to twitter freaking out about a potential change.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6