May 5, 2014, 6:12 PM EST
The Washington Wizards can solve this problem, all they have to do is sweep the Indiana Pacers.
As that is not likely — although predicting how Indiana is going to play this series is impossible — the Verizon Center in Washington D.C. now has a battle with The Fame Monster on its hands.
The venue is double booked for May 15: Game 6 between the Wizards and Pacers, and a Lady Gaga concert. The fantastic Michael Lee at the Washington Post has the details.
The Wizards released a statement on Saturday night that read, “We are aware of the potential conflict and are working with the promoter in the event Game 6 is necessary, more information will be released when it becomes available.”
They are trying to find a new date… shouldn’t there be some Washington Wizards playoff dates available? They’re not using them.
This does happen every once in a while, remember last season Game 7 in Brooklyn between the Nets and Bulls forced Rihanna to reschedule her concert. They gave her courtside seats and everyone was happy.
What is funny is the Washington Post found some Little Monsters (aka Gaga fans) who took to twitter freaking out about a potential change.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 0
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 33
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11