May 5, 2014, 11:17 AM EDT
The Knicks reportedly wanted to hire Steve Kerr after the first round of the NBA playoffs, and the first round is over, so what gives?
Kerr is scheduled to broadcast a game tonight – though it could be his last assignment.
The one-horse Knicks coaching derby should come to its conclusion this week.
Steve Kerr is scheduled to broadcast Game 1 of the second-round NBA playoff series between the Thunder and the Clippers in Oklahoma City on Monday night with longtime TNT partner Marv Albert. That could be Kerr’s last telecast, with a league source saying matters with the Knicks should progress this week.
Kerr to the Knicks seems inevitable, but the longer the delay – at least until the Warriors extend Mark Jackson or hire someone else – the more uncertainty that arises.
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 7
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 10
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 10
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18