May 5, 2014, 11:17 AM EDT
The Knicks reportedly wanted to hire Steve Kerr after the first round of the NBA playoffs, and the first round is over, so what gives?
Kerr is scheduled to broadcast a game tonight – though it could be his last assignment.
The one-horse Knicks coaching derby should come to its conclusion this week.
Steve Kerr is scheduled to broadcast Game 1 of the second-round NBA playoff series between the Thunder and the Clippers in Oklahoma City on Monday night with longtime TNT partner Marv Albert. That could be Kerr’s last telecast, with a league source saying matters with the Knicks should progress this week.
Kerr to the Knicks seems inevitable, but the longer the delay – at least until the Warriors extend Mark Jackson or hire someone else – the more uncertainty that arises.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70