May 5, 2014, 11:17 AM EST
The Knicks reportedly wanted to hire Steve Kerr after the first round of the NBA playoffs, and the first round is over, so what gives?
Kerr is scheduled to broadcast a game tonight – though it could be his last assignment.
The one-horse Knicks coaching derby should come to its conclusion this week.
Steve Kerr is scheduled to broadcast Game 1 of the second-round NBA playoff series between the Thunder and the Clippers in Oklahoma City on Monday night with longtime TNT partner Marv Albert. That could be Kerr’s last telecast, with a league source saying matters with the Knicks should progress this week.
Kerr to the Knicks seems inevitable, but the longer the delay – at least until the Warriors extend Mark Jackson or hire someone else – the more uncertainty that arises.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 61
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13