May 5, 2014, 11:17 AM EDT
The Knicks reportedly wanted to hire Steve Kerr after the first round of the NBA playoffs, and the first round is over, so what gives?
Kerr is scheduled to broadcast a game tonight – though it could be his last assignment.
The one-horse Knicks coaching derby should come to its conclusion this week.
Steve Kerr is scheduled to broadcast Game 1 of the second-round NBA playoff series between the Thunder and the Clippers in Oklahoma City on Monday night with longtime TNT partner Marv Albert. That could be Kerr’s last telecast, with a league source saying matters with the Knicks should progress this week.
Kerr to the Knicks seems inevitable, but the longer the delay – at least until the Warriors extend Mark Jackson or hire someone else – the more uncertainty that arises.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 40
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18