May 5, 2014, 11:17 AM EDT
The Knicks reportedly wanted to hire Steve Kerr after the first round of the NBA playoffs, and the first round is over, so what gives?
Kerr is scheduled to broadcast a game tonight – though it could be his last assignment.
The one-horse Knicks coaching derby should come to its conclusion this week.
Steve Kerr is scheduled to broadcast Game 1 of the second-round NBA playoff series between the Thunder and the Clippers in Oklahoma City on Monday night with longtime TNT partner Marv Albert. That could be Kerr’s last telecast, with a league source saying matters with the Knicks should progress this week.
Kerr to the Knicks seems inevitable, but the longer the delay – at least until the Warriors extend Mark Jackson or hire someone else – the more uncertainty that arises.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 7
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 5
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 6
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10