May 5, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
Raptors coach Dwane Casey doesn’t normally take the subway to the Air Canada center, but Sunday wasn’t just another day in Toronto.
It wasn’t just Game 7 against the Nets, it was the day of the Toronto Goodlife Marathon. Which closes a bunch of streets, as marathons tend to do. Ones a coach might want to take to get to the arena.
Casey’s Raptors came so close, but fell by one point in Game 7 to the Nets after Paul Pierce blocked Kyle Lowry’s final shot attempt (on what was not a great play design from Casey, to be frank).
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 0
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 12
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14