May 5, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
Raptors coach Dwane Casey doesn’t normally take the subway to the Air Canada center, but Sunday wasn’t just another day in Toronto.
It wasn’t just Game 7 against the Nets, it was the day of the Toronto Goodlife Marathon. Which closes a bunch of streets, as marathons tend to do. Ones a coach might want to take to get to the arena.
Casey’s Raptors came so close, but fell by one point in Game 7 to the Nets after Paul Pierce blocked Kyle Lowry’s final shot attempt (on what was not a great play design from Casey, to be frank).
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29