May 5, 2014, 8:45 AM EST
Raptors coach Dwane Casey doesn’t normally take the subway to the Air Canada center, but Sunday wasn’t just another day in Toronto.
It wasn’t just Game 7 against the Nets, it was the day of the Toronto Goodlife Marathon. Which closes a bunch of streets, as marathons tend to do. Ones a coach might want to take to get to the arena.
Casey’s Raptors came so close, but fell by one point in Game 7 to the Nets after Paul Pierce blocked Kyle Lowry’s final shot attempt (on what was not a great play design from Casey, to be frank).
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 22
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18