May 5, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
Raptors coach Dwane Casey doesn’t normally take the subway to the Air Canada center, but Sunday wasn’t just another day in Toronto.
It wasn’t just Game 7 against the Nets, it was the day of the Toronto Goodlife Marathon. Which closes a bunch of streets, as marathons tend to do. Ones a coach might want to take to get to the arena.
Casey’s Raptors came so close, but fell by one point in Game 7 to the Nets after Paul Pierce blocked Kyle Lowry’s final shot attempt (on what was not a great play design from Casey, to be frank).
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 2
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 30
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 13
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70