May 5, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
That was exhilarating.
The first round of the NBA playoffs was as thrilling as one could hope for, and now we move on to round two with some interesting questions: Was the Net’s regular season wins against the Heat a sign of things to come? Does Portland really stand a shot against the Spurs?
Kay Adams and I take up those topics in the latest edition of PBT Extra. I’m not sold on the Nets. Portland on the other hand stands a chance in this series, but they need a little help from San Antonio.
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 7
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 7
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 19
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39