May 5, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
Kevin Durant will be announced as the NBA’s MVP later this week, the first win of the ward for KD.
The guy who will come in second is good with that.
“Much respect to him and he deserves it. He had a big-time MVP season.”
What else is he going to say?
You can make a case for LeBron if you want, and I’ll agree that peak LeBron James is better than peak Durant. LeBron is a better passer, a better defender, he has more versatility.
But Durant is right on his heels and more was asked of KD — with Russell Westbrook out the Thunder getting the second seed was all about the play of Durant. He averaged 32 points a game on 50.3 percent shooting, all drawing constant double teams.
Durant earned it. Even LeBron recognizes that.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6