May 4, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
We aren’t usually privy to the moments immediately following a victory inside a team’s locker room, but occasionally in the postseason (or under special circumstances), we are able to get a glimpse.
Following the Clippers taking down the Warriors in Game 7, we see Doc Rivers briefly giving his players a postgame speech. It isn’t lengthy, but it is passionate, with Rivers explaining to his team that the challenges they’ve overcome early in the playoffs will pay dividends later.
“We needed that,” Rivers said. “The adversity is good for us.”
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 20
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9