May 4, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
We aren’t usually privy to the moments immediately following a victory inside a team’s locker room, but occasionally in the postseason (or under special circumstances), we are able to get a glimpse.
Following the Clippers taking down the Warriors in Game 7, we see Doc Rivers briefly giving his players a postgame speech. It isn’t lengthy, but it is passionate, with Rivers explaining to his team that the challenges they’ve overcome early in the playoffs will pay dividends later.
“We needed that,” Rivers said. “The adversity is good for us.”
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 42
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 23
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23