May 4, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
We aren’t usually privy to the moments immediately following a victory inside a team’s locker room, but occasionally in the postseason (or under special circumstances), we are able to get a glimpse.
Following the Clippers taking down the Warriors in Game 7, we see Doc Rivers briefly giving his players a postgame speech. It isn’t lengthy, but it is passionate, with Rivers explaining to his team that the challenges they’ve overcome early in the playoffs will pay dividends later.
“We needed that,” Rivers said. “The adversity is good for us.”
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 14
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 10
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18