May 4, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
We aren’t usually privy to the moments immediately following a victory inside a team’s locker room, but occasionally in the postseason (or under special circumstances), we are able to get a glimpse.
Following the Clippers taking down the Warriors in Game 7, we see Doc Rivers briefly giving his players a postgame speech. It isn’t lengthy, but it is passionate, with Rivers explaining to his team that the challenges they’ve overcome early in the playoffs will pay dividends later.
“We needed that,” Rivers said. “The adversity is good for us.”
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 26
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 50
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28