May 4, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
The Raptors are a nice story this season, and apparently not even one that the city of Toronto saw coming.
No one was planning for the Raptors to be hosting a playoff game in early May, and even if they were, something like a marathon — which was going on in Toronto Sunday morning — is often scheduled up to a year in advance.
There were road closures around the city, so Raptors coach Dwane Casey ended up opting for public transportation to get to the arena on time.
— (@_ArvinMendoza) May 4, 2014
[Picture by Arvin Mendoza, via Yahoo’s Ball Don’t Lie]
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 4
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 10
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 5
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier on Carmelo Anthony: ‘Last two years I guarded him, he did exactly what the scouting report said he would’ 15
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18