May 4, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
The Raptors are a nice story this season, and apparently not even one that the city of Toronto saw coming.
No one was planning for the Raptors to be hosting a playoff game in early May, and even if they were, something like a marathon — which was going on in Toronto Sunday morning — is often scheduled up to a year in advance.
There were road closures around the city, so Raptors coach Dwane Casey ended up opting for public transportation to get to the arena on time.
— (@_ArvinMendoza) May 4, 2014
[Picture by Arvin Mendoza, via Yahoo’s Ball Don’t Lie]
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10