May 4, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
The Raptors are a nice story this season, and apparently not even one that the city of Toronto saw coming.
No one was planning for the Raptors to be hosting a playoff game in early May, and even if they were, something like a marathon — which was going on in Toronto Sunday morning — is often scheduled up to a year in advance.
There were road closures around the city, so Raptors coach Dwane Casey ended up opting for public transportation to get to the arena on time.
— (@_ArvinMendoza) May 4, 2014
[Picture by Arvin Mendoza, via Yahoo's Ball Don't Lie]
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61