May 4, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
The Raptors are a nice story this season, and apparently not even one that the city of Toronto saw coming.
No one was planning for the Raptors to be hosting a playoff game in early May, and even if they were, something like a marathon — which was going on in Toronto Sunday morning — is often scheduled up to a year in advance.
There were road closures around the city, so Raptors coach Dwane Casey ended up opting for public transportation to get to the arena on time.
— (@_ArvinMendoza) May 4, 2014
[Picture by Arvin Mendoza, via Yahoo's Ball Don't Lie]
- LeBron makes emotional return to Cleveland tonight, new Nike ad shows city standing together (VIDEO) 0
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 6
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 21
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 22
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 8
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 17
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 38