May 4, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
The Raptors are a nice story this season, and apparently not even one that the city of Toronto saw coming.
No one was planning for the Raptors to be hosting a playoff game in early May, and even if they were, something like a marathon — which was going on in Toronto Sunday morning — is often scheduled up to a year in advance.
There were road closures around the city, so Raptors coach Dwane Casey ended up opting for public transportation to get to the arena on time.
— (@_ArvinMendoza) May 4, 2014
[Picture by Arvin Mendoza, via Yahoo’s Ball Don’t Lie]
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48