May 4, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Blake Griffin managed to get this incredible, twisting shot to fall with under a minute to go in Game 7 against the Warriors, and there’s no questioning the athleticism and grace he showed in somehow guiding the ball into the basket.
The violent way he snapped his head back isn’t going to help his reputation as a flopper, but after a grueling series and a Game 7 victory that will allow his team to advance, it’s doubtful he’s all that concerned about the public’s perception.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 17
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8