May 3, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
That is why guys flop. Even if they know a small fine ($5,000) is coming.
It was midway through the fourth quarter of an elimination game for Dallas and the Mavericks were down one to the Spurs. Dallas loses and its season is over.
On the play above Kawhi Leonard gets the ball on a handoff from Tim Duncan and Vince Carter switches on to him. Leonard starts a drive then steps back, there is a little contact, and Carter goes down like there is a sniper on the grassy knoll.
It works, he gets the call.
The play helps swing the momentum of a game that Dallas goes on to win, forcing a Game 7.
Vince Carter will get a fine for this from the league. And he’d do it again in a heartbeat. That punishment is worth the crime.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49