May 3, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
That is why guys flop. Even if they know a small fine ($5,000) is coming.
It was midway through the fourth quarter of an elimination game for Dallas and the Mavericks were down one to the Spurs. Dallas loses and its season is over.
On the play above Kawhi Leonard gets the ball on a handoff from Tim Duncan and Vince Carter switches on to him. Leonard starts a drive then steps back, there is a little contact, and Carter goes down like there is a sniper on the grassy knoll.
It works, he gets the call.
The play helps swing the momentum of a game that Dallas goes on to win, forcing a Game 7.
Vince Carter will get a fine for this from the league. And he’d do it again in a heartbeat. That punishment is worth the crime.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 16
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15