May 3, 2014, 6:29 PM EDT
Michael Carter-Williams is an overwhelming favorite to take home Rookie of the Year honors this season, and according to one report, it’s a decision that has already been made, and will be announced next week.
Michael Carter-Williams, the Sixers rookie point guard, will be named the NBA Rookie of the Year, a league source with knowledge of the voting has confirmed to NJ.com.
The award is expected to be announced next week.
In what is widely considered to be a down rookie class in terms of immediately impactful individual contributions, Carter-Williams is likely to win in a landslide once the official voting is announced.
The Sixers rookie averaged 16.7 points, 6.2 rebounds, 6.3 assists and 1.9 steals in 34.5 minutes per contest, while starting in all 70 of his appearances.
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 0
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 9
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 30
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 15
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 73