May 2, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
Has Phil Jackson worked quickly enough?
In one case, yes.
Steve Kerr, the overwhelming favorite to be the next Knicks coach, is not on the Lakers’ candidate list, according to an NBA source.
The Lakers believe Kerr is too far along in the process of joining Phil Jackson’s Knicks.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Friday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Would Jeanie Buss’ team really hire her fiancé’s preferred coach? It doesn’t have to be about a conflict of interest. Sometimes, NBA executives do each other favors.
If Kerr really desired, I bet he could get on the Lakers’ radar. They might be wary of wasting time on him now, but if he came to them to express interest, that would show he’s serious. And their search is so wide, it seems there’s be room for him.
Maybe he also believes he’s too far down the road with the Knicks.
Then again, the Warriors’ job becoming open could swing things. It seems the Knicks have eliminated one West Coast competitor for Kerr, but another potentially remains.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 5
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 5
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 7
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 18
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31