May 1, 2014, 3:43 AM EST
Our quick look around the NBA, or what you missed while noticing just how toxic the name Donald Sterling has become….
Kyle Lowry, Toronto Raptors. Somebody is earning a big payday this summer. Lowry was simply the best player on the court and the reason the Raptors are up 3-2 on Brooklyn — 36 points on 11-of-19 shooting plus he had six assists. He did a lot of his damage from deep, going 6-of-9 from three, a few of those were taken from roughly Hamilton. Just a brilliant performance.
Tiago Splitter, San Antonio Spurs. It was a big deal when the Spurs were waiting for Splitter to finish in Europe and come play in the NBA — he was an MVP in Spain. You saw why Wednesday night. He had 17 points and 12 rebounds — and he owned the fourth quarter with 9 points on 4 shots. One play he was rolling to the rim and scoring, next play he was dishing out to the wing for open jumpers. Then when the game was on the line he continued (as he has pretty much all series) to play great defense on Dirk Nowitzki. Splitter is having a great series.
Dwight Howard, Houston Rockets. Another guy just having a monster series. He had 22 points on 15 shots, plus he had 14 rebounds. But more importantly he was part of the quick doubles the Rockets threw at LaMarcus Aldridge, which held him to 8 points on the might. If Portland is going to close out the series in Game 6, they need to find a way to deal with Howard.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 0
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 2
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13