Nets blast their own fans on Twitter during Game 5

May 1, 2014, 12:11 PM EST

Who has been playoff MVP so far?

LaMarcus Aldridge? LeBron James? Dwight Howard?

How about Raptors fans?

Toronto fans have been incredible.

They’ve filled Maple Leaf Square to watch games outside:

source:

(AP Photo/The Canadian Press, Darren Calabrese)

They’ve mocked Brooklyn:

They’ve rolled lint:

They’ve even failed at kissing better than other fans:

They’re putting everyone to shame. Even whoever runs the Nets’ Twitter knows it.

Ouch.

Really, I don’t think Nets fans have been that bad. They just can’t match their Toronto counterparts. No shame in that.

Mistaking DVR for DVD, though? The Nets are just off their game all around.

1. phillyguyindc - May 1, 2014 at 12:33 PM

I do like the town square. The Nets fans would be better if the nets fans did something other than chant brooooklynnn all game.

2. mogogo1 - May 1, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Gotta be better ways at getting the fans excited than calling them out on Twitter during the game, aren’t there?

• jw1991 - May 1, 2014 at 3:00 PM

I don’t get it…

• jw1991 - May 1, 2014 at 3:01 PM

meant that for the bottom comment, I don’t get how the toronto fans saying Brooklyn is considered mocking…

• The YUster - May 2, 2014 at 1:21 PM

The way Brooklyn fans chant “Broooooklyn… Brooooooklyn” is that it sounds like a “mock” chant and that they’re taunting their own team.
        Remember Darryl Strawberry? Or at least the episode of the simpsons ‘homer at bat’. “Daaaaaaarryl….Daaaaarryl” (tear trickles down his eye)

3. ranfan12 - May 1, 2014 at 12:42 PM

I was confused by the brooklyn chant in toronto lol

4. jziii - May 1, 2014 at 12:52 PM

A PBT writer mocking someone for a typo? Now THAT is hypocrisy.

5. csbanter - May 1, 2014 at 3:28 PM

Real Nets fans reside in Jersey, in Brooklyn many are pretending to be cool, down with the it crowd. Wearing the Nets logo, tough.. Every other arena with exception of Atlanta is exciting, but not in Brooklyn.

6. mackcarrington - May 1, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Yeah, that’s what happens when you try to kiss your sister on the lips.

• slickdemetrius - May 1, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Personal experience?

• mackcarrington - May 2, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Nope. My sister gives me all that I can handle whenever want it.

7. slickdemetrius - May 2, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Okay. Anyway, you took my joke sportingly, so feel free to give me a free shot at your leisure.
    I’m sure I’ll say something stupid down the line, but don’t comment often though, just when I’m CONUS.

Jabari Parker injury latest for disappointing rookie class
Top 10 NBA Player Searches