May 1, 2014, 6:41 PM EDT
If this doesn’t lift them past the Pacers in game 6, nothing will.
The Atlanta Hawks have updated and brought back their 1980’s “Pac-Man” logo (so named because it looks like the iconic Pac-Man character eating a dot). Everyone going to the huge Game 6 Thursday night — the chance for the Hawks to eliminate the Pacers in front of the ATL fans — will be given a shirt with the logo.
Next season, this will return as the alternate Hawks logo. This is the same logo you see on the (short) shorts of Dominique Wilkins and Spud Webb back when they were fixtures at the dunk contest.
My thoughts on this? “That’s totally awesome, dude.” Or something else very ’80s.
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 6
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 19
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22