May 1, 2014, 6:41 PM EDT
If this doesn’t lift them past the Pacers in game 6, nothing will.
The Atlanta Hawks have updated and brought back their 1980’s “Pac-Man” logo (so named because it looks like the iconic Pac-Man character eating a dot). Everyone going to the huge Game 6 Thursday night — the chance for the Hawks to eliminate the Pacers in front of the ATL fans — will be given a shirt with the logo.
Next season, this will return as the alternate Hawks logo. This is the same logo you see on the (short) shorts of Dominique Wilkins and Spud Webb back when they were fixtures at the dunk contest.
My thoughts on this? “That’s totally awesome, dude.” Or something else very ’80s.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 79
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20