May 1, 2014, 6:41 PM EDT
If this doesn’t lift them past the Pacers in game 6, nothing will.
The Atlanta Hawks have updated and brought back their 1980’s “Pac-Man” logo (so named because it looks like the iconic Pac-Man character eating a dot). Everyone going to the huge Game 6 Thursday night — the chance for the Hawks to eliminate the Pacers in front of the ATL fans — will be given a shirt with the logo.
Next season, this will return as the alternate Hawks logo. This is the same logo you see on the (short) shorts of Dominique Wilkins and Spud Webb back when they were fixtures at the dunk contest.
My thoughts on this? “That’s totally awesome, dude.” Or something else very ’80s.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 5
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43