May 1, 2014, 6:41 PM EDT
If this doesn’t lift them past the Pacers in game 6, nothing will.
The Atlanta Hawks have updated and brought back their 1980’s “Pac-Man” logo (so named because it looks like the iconic Pac-Man character eating a dot). Everyone going to the huge Game 6 Thursday night — the chance for the Hawks to eliminate the Pacers in front of the ATL fans — will be given a shirt with the logo.
Next season, this will return as the alternate Hawks logo. This is the same logo you see on the (short) shorts of Dominique Wilkins and Spud Webb back when they were fixtures at the dunk contest.
My thoughts on this? “That’s totally awesome, dude.” Or something else very ’80s.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 30
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 45
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4