Andre Roberson joins growing list of NBA players burglarized

May 1, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT

Andre Roberson Andre Roberson

Chris Bosh has been there. So has Nick Young. Paul George, too.

Now Andre Roberson.

The Thunder forward is the latest NBA player whose home was burglarized during a game.

TMZ:

According to documents obtained by TMZ Sports, Roberson’s Oklahoma City home was broken into on April 24th

Cops say the bad guys jacked official Oklahoma City Thunder backpacks and an XBox

The Thunder were in Memphis that night, losing Game 3.

A suspect is in custody, TMZ reports, but this likely won’t be the last such incident. Burglars know when players will be gone. Anyone can easily look at a schedule.

Roberson, George, Young and Bosh are the victims, and they don’t deserve blame. The burglars should get all the scorn.

But word to the wise, be extra vigilant in securing your home when it’s public knowledge you won’t be there.

1. phillyguyindc - May 1, 2014 at 2:18 PM

I know this is going to be unpopular but..

If I were given the choice (which I wasn’t because I’m too short and wasn’t good enough) I don’t know that I would want to be an athlete in the NBA or NFL in this day and age. There’s no privacy at all and everyone is just out to bash you every chance they get.

• ranfan12 - May 1, 2014 at 2:48 PM

That’s where money comes in to soothe the pain. I don’t mind wiping my tears with $100 bills to be honest. Sacrifices gotta be made

• phillyguyindc - May 1, 2014 at 3:02 PM

lol very true

2. seattlesuperchronic - May 1, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Taking a man’s game console? That’s cold, man. Hopefully he backed his save data up to the cloud.

If someone ganked my XBox and I lost all my Skyrim data, I’d be an unhappy camper.

• ProBasketballPundit - May 1, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Play the game on PC and your data will automatically be backed up.

3. jolink653 - May 1, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Ughh yeah, imagine losing all those hours of Skyrim play? That would be absolutely terrible and I’d be furious.

4. ProBasketballPundit - May 1, 2014 at 4:07 PM

“Roberson, George, Young and Bosh are the victims, and they don’t deserve blame.”

Who’s blaming them? What is this comment intended to convey?

• jollyjoker2 - May 1, 2014 at 6:09 PM

that if you tell everyone including your family your leaving town and you have no security system for your million dollar house with the furnishings – don’t blame them; they are just innocent bystanders in the circle of life.

5. sonnysuave - May 1, 2014 at 5:37 PM

There’s story after story abt how a rich athlete or celebrity got robbed. What I’m wondering is… do these millionaires get crappy home security systems?? Or, is it that state-of-the-art/top-of-the-line security systems are easy to get past??

• ibleedaquaorange - May 1, 2014 at 10:13 PM

I’m betting a number of these are inside jobs, so it’s more a question of the people they’re instilling trust in.

• jusdre313 - May 2, 2014 at 12:48 AM

also this ia a factor.. the bugalers KNOW your not at home.. my thing is how people know where do you live, but i guess in these times with technology.. no ones too hard to find

6. jusdre313 - May 2, 2014 at 12:49 AM

*burglars.. smh

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches