Apr 30, 2014, 7:29 PM EST
— Trail Blazers PR (@TrailBlazersPR) April 30, 2014
Last weekend the NBA lost one of its coaching legends, not to mention once of the nicest guys around the game, Hall of Famer Dr. Jack Ramsay passed away at age 89. (It’s one of the things sadly overshadowed by the Donald Sterling fiasco.)
Ramsay is best remembered as the plaid-jacket wearing coach of who led Bill Walton and the 1977 Portland team to the NBA championship.
In his honor, for the rest of the playoffs the Blazers will wear that smart little plaid patch for Dr. Jack. Well done Portland.
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 0
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 9
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 43
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 22
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4