Apr 30, 2014, 7:29 PM EDT
— Trail Blazers PR (@TrailBlazersPR) April 30, 2014
Last weekend the NBA lost one of its coaching legends, not to mention once of the nicest guys around the game, Hall of Famer Dr. Jack Ramsay passed away at age 89. (It’s one of the things sadly overshadowed by the Donald Sterling fiasco.)
Ramsay is best remembered as the plaid-jacket wearing coach of who led Bill Walton and the 1977 Portland team to the NBA championship.
In his honor, for the rest of the playoffs the Blazers will wear that smart little plaid patch for Dr. Jack. Well done Portland.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31