Apr 30, 2014, 7:29 PM EDT
— Trail Blazers PR (@TrailBlazersPR) April 30, 2014
Last weekend the NBA lost one of its coaching legends, not to mention once of the nicest guys around the game, Hall of Famer Dr. Jack Ramsay passed away at age 89. (It’s one of the things sadly overshadowed by the Donald Sterling fiasco.)
Ramsay is best remembered as the plaid-jacket wearing coach of who led Bill Walton and the 1977 Portland team to the NBA championship.
In his honor, for the rest of the playoffs the Blazers will wear that smart little plaid patch for Dr. Jack. Well done Portland.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8