Apr 30, 2014, 7:29 PM EDT
— Trail Blazers PR (@TrailBlazersPR) April 30, 2014
Last weekend the NBA lost one of its coaching legends, not to mention once of the nicest guys around the game, Hall of Famer Dr. Jack Ramsay passed away at age 89. (It’s one of the things sadly overshadowed by the Donald Sterling fiasco.)
Ramsay is best remembered as the plaid-jacket wearing coach of who led Bill Walton and the 1977 Portland team to the NBA championship.
In his honor, for the rest of the playoffs the Blazers will wear that smart little plaid patch for Dr. Jack. Well done Portland.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 11
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32