Apr 30, 2014, 7:29 PM EDT
— Trail Blazers PR (@TrailBlazersPR) April 30, 2014
Last weekend the NBA lost one of its coaching legends, not to mention once of the nicest guys around the game, Hall of Famer Dr. Jack Ramsay passed away at age 89. (It’s one of the things sadly overshadowed by the Donald Sterling fiasco.)
Ramsay is best remembered as the plaid-jacket wearing coach of who led Bill Walton and the 1977 Portland team to the NBA championship.
In his honor, for the rest of the playoffs the Blazers will wear that smart little plaid patch for Dr. Jack. Well done Portland.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9