Apr 30, 2014, 12:03 PM EST
The leading scorer among eligible players typically wins Sixth Man of the Year, and this season is no exception.
Clippers guard Jamal Crawford, who who averaged 18.6 points per game, will take the honor.
Marc Stein of ESPN:
Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe:
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Crawford, who also won in 2010 with the Hawks, joins Kevin McHale, Ricky Pierce and Delef Schrempf as the only two-time Sixth Man of the Year winners.
Crawford’s overall shooting percentage (41.6) is hardly impressive, but that’s buoyed by a high 3-point-attempt rate and a solid 3-point percentage (36.1). If you’re just looking at how many of Crawford’s shots went through the rim, you’re missing a key point: A lot of them were worth three points.
He also proved integral to maintaining the Clippers’ league-best offense. They scored just as much per possession with him on the court as off – no easy task considering he played most of his minutes without Chris Paul.
It could have been a shame the Donald Sterling mess delayed Crawford from receiving the trophy, but the Clippers are guaranteed at least one more home game. So, Crawford will have a chance to celebrate the honor with his fans as long as the NBA doesn’t delay an official announcement. Considering this news leaked, I think Crawford will get that moment.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 62
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13