Apr 30, 2014, 2:59 PM EDT
I was among those that before the playoffs picked Oklahoma City to come out of the Western Conference. I knew Memphis was a difficult first-round matchup (there was a reason everyone wanted to avoid them) but I thought their elite scoring would ultimately win out.
Memphis’s defense and discipline have proven to be better… barely. The last four games in this series have gone to overtime. However after Tuesday night the Grizzlies lead 3-2 and are heading home with a chance to close out the series.
In the latest edition of PBT Extra Kay Adams and I focus on what has happened to the favorite Thunder — the shooting struggles of Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant, the lack of a third scorer on offense, and of course a little Joey Crawford talk.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 16
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 26
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 29
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30