Apr 30, 2014, 2:59 PM EST
I was among those that before the playoffs picked Oklahoma City to come out of the Western Conference. I knew Memphis was a difficult first-round matchup (there was a reason everyone wanted to avoid them) but I thought their elite scoring would ultimately win out.
Memphis’s defense and discipline have proven to be better… barely. The last four games in this series have gone to overtime. However after Tuesday night the Grizzlies lead 3-2 and are heading home with a chance to close out the series.
In the latest edition of PBT Extra Kay Adams and I focus on what has happened to the favorite Thunder — the shooting struggles of Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant, the lack of a third scorer on offense, and of course a little Joey Crawford talk.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 3
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 17
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17