Apr 30, 2014, 2:59 PM EDT
I was among those that before the playoffs picked Oklahoma City to come out of the Western Conference. I knew Memphis was a difficult first-round matchup (there was a reason everyone wanted to avoid them) but I thought their elite scoring would ultimately win out.
Memphis’s defense and discipline have proven to be better… barely. The last four games in this series have gone to overtime. However after Tuesday night the Grizzlies lead 3-2 and are heading home with a chance to close out the series.
In the latest edition of PBT Extra Kay Adams and I focus on what has happened to the favorite Thunder — the shooting struggles of Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant, the lack of a third scorer on offense, and of course a little Joey Crawford talk.
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 13
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 11
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 11
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 60
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20