Apr 30, 2014, 2:59 PM EDT
I was among those that before the playoffs picked Oklahoma City to come out of the Western Conference. I knew Memphis was a difficult first-round matchup (there was a reason everyone wanted to avoid them) but I thought their elite scoring would ultimately win out.
Memphis’s defense and discipline have proven to be better… barely. The last four games in this series have gone to overtime. However after Tuesday night the Grizzlies lead 3-2 and are heading home with a chance to close out the series.
In the latest edition of PBT Extra Kay Adams and I focus on what has happened to the favorite Thunder — the shooting struggles of Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant, the lack of a third scorer on offense, and of course a little Joey Crawford talk.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 14
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8