Apr 29, 2014, 1:44 PM EST
Antoine Walker is THE cautionary tale.
The former Kentucky star was a three-time NBA All-Star averaging 17.5 points a game for his career. He even has a ring from the 2006 Miami Heat.
He’s also the guy who earned $108 million in salary as a player yet was facing felony charges due to gambling debt in Las Vegas. Between his vices and supporting his extended family, he burned through it all. It was a hard fall.
Now a new documentary titled “Gone in an Instant: The Antoine Walker Story” will be released in August and chronicles that slide and his life. Above is the trailer.
That should be an interesting bit of viewing.
Hat tip to Kentucky Sports Radio.
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 4
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 10
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 5
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier on Carmelo Anthony: ‘Last two years I guarded him, he did exactly what the scouting report said he would’ 15
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18