Apr 29, 2014, 1:44 PM EST
Antoine Walker is THE cautionary tale.
The former Kentucky star was a three-time NBA All-Star averaging 17.5 points a game for his career. He even has a ring from the 2006 Miami Heat.
He’s also the guy who earned $108 million in salary as a player yet was facing felony charges due to gambling debt in Las Vegas. Between his vices and supporting his extended family, he burned through it all. It was a hard fall.
Now a new documentary titled “Gone in an Instant: The Antoine Walker Story” will be released in August and chronicles that slide and his life. Above is the trailer.
That should be an interesting bit of viewing.
Hat tip to Kentucky Sports Radio.
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19