Apr 29, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
Antoine Walker is THE cautionary tale.
The former Kentucky star was a three-time NBA All-Star averaging 17.5 points a game for his career. He even has a ring from the 2006 Miami Heat.
He’s also the guy who earned $108 million in salary as a player yet was facing felony charges due to gambling debt in Las Vegas. Between his vices and supporting his extended family, he burned through it all. It was a hard fall.
Now a new documentary titled “Gone in an Instant: The Antoine Walker Story” will be released in August and chronicles that slide and his life. Above is the trailer.
That should be an interesting bit of viewing.
Hat tip to Kentucky Sports Radio.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 12
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 21
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14