Apr 29, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
Antoine Walker is THE cautionary tale.
The former Kentucky star was a three-time NBA All-Star averaging 17.5 points a game for his career. He even has a ring from the 2006 Miami Heat.
He’s also the guy who earned $108 million in salary as a player yet was facing felony charges due to gambling debt in Las Vegas. Between his vices and supporting his extended family, he burned through it all. It was a hard fall.
Now a new documentary titled “Gone in an Instant: The Antoine Walker Story” will be released in August and chronicles that slide and his life. Above is the trailer.
That should be an interesting bit of viewing.
Hat tip to Kentucky Sports Radio.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50