Apr 29, 2014, 1:44 PM EST
Antoine Walker is THE cautionary tale.
The former Kentucky star was a three-time NBA All-Star averaging 17.5 points a game for his career. He even has a ring from the 2006 Miami Heat.
He’s also the guy who earned $108 million in salary as a player yet was facing felony charges due to gambling debt in Las Vegas. Between his vices and supporting his extended family, he burned through it all. It was a hard fall.
Now a new documentary titled “Gone in an Instant: The Antoine Walker Story” will be released in August and chronicles that slide and his life. Above is the trailer.
That should be an interesting bit of viewing.
Hat tip to Kentucky Sports Radio.
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 2
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 1
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6