Apr 29, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
The racist comments allegedly made by Donald Sterling have become the biggest NBA story of the season. By far. Which is sad because they are overshadowing what has been a thrilling playoffs.
In the latest edition of the PBT Podcast myself and Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio discuss Sterling and the fallout with Dave Zirin, sports editor of The Nation (as well as author of a new book about Brazil and its World Cup efforts).
Zirin has written some fantastic pieces on the Sterling situation and we discuss how David Stern should not be blameless in this mess as well as why Commissioner Adam Silver now seems to have a mandate from the other owners to act (think $$).
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 44
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4