Apr 29, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
The racist comments allegedly made by Donald Sterling have become the biggest NBA story of the season. By far. Which is sad because they are overshadowing what has been a thrilling playoffs.
In the latest edition of the PBT Podcast myself and Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio discuss Sterling and the fallout with Dave Zirin, sports editor of The Nation (as well as author of a new book about Brazil and its World Cup efforts).
Zirin has written some fantastic pieces on the Sterling situation and we discuss how David Stern should not be blameless in this mess as well as why Commissioner Adam Silver now seems to have a mandate from the other owners to act (think $$).
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11