Apr 29, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
The racist comments allegedly made by Donald Sterling have become the biggest NBA story of the season. By far. Which is sad because they are overshadowing what has been a thrilling playoffs.
In the latest edition of the PBT Podcast myself and Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio discuss Sterling and the fallout with Dave Zirin, sports editor of The Nation (as well as author of a new book about Brazil and its World Cup efforts).
Zirin has written some fantastic pieces on the Sterling situation and we discuss how David Stern should not be blameless in this mess as well as why Commissioner Adam Silver now seems to have a mandate from the other owners to act (think $$).
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 18
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23