Apr 29, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
The racist comments allegedly made by Donald Sterling have become the biggest NBA story of the season. By far. Which is sad because they are overshadowing what has been a thrilling playoffs.
In the latest edition of the PBT Podcast myself and Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio discuss Sterling and the fallout with Dave Zirin, sports editor of The Nation (as well as author of a new book about Brazil and its World Cup efforts).
Zirin has written some fantastic pieces on the Sterling situation and we discuss how David Stern should not be blameless in this mess as well as why Commissioner Adam Silver now seems to have a mandate from the other owners to act (think $$).
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17