Apr 29, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
The racist comments allegedly made by Donald Sterling have become the biggest NBA story of the season. By far. Which is sad because they are overshadowing what has been a thrilling playoffs.
In the latest edition of the PBT Podcast myself and Eytan Shander of NBC Sports Radio discuss Sterling and the fallout with Dave Zirin, sports editor of The Nation (as well as author of a new book about Brazil and its World Cup efforts).
Zirin has written some fantastic pieces on the Sterling situation and we discuss how David Stern should not be blameless in this mess as well as why Commissioner Adam Silver now seems to have a mandate from the other owners to act (think $$).
As always, you can listen by hitting play below or you can listen and subscribe via iTunes.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 40
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73