Apr 29, 2014, 4:08 PM EDT
Adam Silver had to clean up the Donald Sterling mess that David Stern left behind, and he did it very well on Tuesday afternoon.
In the latest edition of PBT Extra Kay Adams and I talk about the punishment Silver unleashed — a lifetime ban, a $2.5 million fine and plans to force a sale of the team — and how that was him sticking the landing in his first test as commissioner.
We also discuss how the NBA can expect a legal fight from Sterling, as well as what might be next for the players (don’t look for them to bolt now).
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 2
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 7
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 3
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 44
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33