Apr 29, 2014, 4:08 PM EDT
Adam Silver had to clean up the Donald Sterling mess that David Stern left behind, and he did it very well on Tuesday afternoon.
In the latest edition of PBT Extra Kay Adams and I talk about the punishment Silver unleashed — a lifetime ban, a $2.5 million fine and plans to force a sale of the team — and how that was him sticking the landing in his first test as commissioner.
We also discuss how the NBA can expect a legal fight from Sterling, as well as what might be next for the players (don’t look for them to bolt now).
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 30
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 50
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 17
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31