Apr 29, 2014, 4:08 PM EDT
Adam Silver had to clean up the Donald Sterling mess that David Stern left behind, and he did it very well on Tuesday afternoon.
In the latest edition of PBT Extra Kay Adams and I talk about the punishment Silver unleashed — a lifetime ban, a $2.5 million fine and plans to force a sale of the team — and how that was him sticking the landing in his first test as commissioner.
We also discuss how the NBA can expect a legal fight from Sterling, as well as what might be next for the players (don’t look for them to bolt now).
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 18
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 66
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8