Apr 29, 2014, 4:08 PM EDT
Adam Silver had to clean up the Donald Sterling mess that David Stern left behind, and he did it very well on Tuesday afternoon.
In the latest edition of PBT Extra Kay Adams and I talk about the punishment Silver unleashed — a lifetime ban, a $2.5 million fine and plans to force a sale of the team — and how that was him sticking the landing in his first test as commissioner.
We also discuss how the NBA can expect a legal fight from Sterling, as well as what might be next for the players (don’t look for them to bolt now).
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 39
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 16
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 33
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 22
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20