Apr 29, 2014, 12:42 AM EST
Not accurate, he says.
Is “they already have an owner” supposed to explain “I am not trying to buy the Clippers”? If they didn’t already have an owner, whom would Johnson buy them from?
When Johnson bought the Dodgers, he bought them from Frank McCourt. McCourt was their owner until Johnson bought them. That’s how this works. It isn’t complicated.
And what if the Clippers no longer had an active owner? By Tuesday afternoon, Donald Sterling might be suspended indefinitely. Would Johnson want to buy the Clippers then?
Perhaps, Johnson realized he looked too opportunistic and is doing a bit of damage control. In light of Adrian Wojnarowski’s detailed report, it’ll take more than Johnson’s public denial for me to believe he’s not interested in buying the Clippers.
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 3
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 6
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 7
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 18
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 17
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 5
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 24
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13