Apr 29, 2014, 12:42 AM EDT
Not accurate, he says.
Is “they already have an owner” supposed to explain “I am not trying to buy the Clippers”? If they didn’t already have an owner, whom would Johnson buy them from?
When Johnson bought the Dodgers, he bought them from Frank McCourt. McCourt was their owner until Johnson bought them. That’s how this works. It isn’t complicated.
And what if the Clippers no longer had an active owner? By Tuesday afternoon, Donald Sterling might be suspended indefinitely. Would Johnson want to buy the Clippers then?
Perhaps, Johnson realized he looked too opportunistic and is doing a bit of damage control. In light of Adrian Wojnarowski’s detailed report, it’ll take more than Johnson’s public denial for me to believe he’s not interested in buying the Clippers.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6