Apr 29, 2014, 12:42 AM EDT
Not accurate, he says.
Is “they already have an owner” supposed to explain “I am not trying to buy the Clippers”? If they didn’t already have an owner, whom would Johnson buy them from?
When Johnson bought the Dodgers, he bought them from Frank McCourt. McCourt was their owner until Johnson bought them. That’s how this works. It isn’t complicated.
And what if the Clippers no longer had an active owner? By Tuesday afternoon, Donald Sterling might be suspended indefinitely. Would Johnson want to buy the Clippers then?
Perhaps, Johnson realized he looked too opportunistic and is doing a bit of damage control. In light of Adrian Wojnarowski’s detailed report, it’ll take more than Johnson’s public denial for me to believe he’s not interested in buying the Clippers.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 0
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 15
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 77
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19