Apr 29, 2014, 7:50 PM EDT
Mavericks fans may want to argue it was not intentional, he was just trying to get untangled after a fall, but the NBA league office sees it differently. And now Dallas’ path to a crucial Game 5 win just got more difficult.
Blair was big in Dallas’ dramatic Game 4 comeback at home, scoring 12 points and pulling down 11 rebounds. His energy on both ends of the court was key for the Mavs, and when he was ejected for the foul and kick to the head with 3 minutes left in regulation the Mavs could not sustain their momentum and pick up a win.
It was clear Blair’s foot contacted Splitter’s head, however he said after the game it was unintentional. Intended or not, the league is going to frown on kicks to player’s heads.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47