Apr 29, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
Log on to the Clippers team Web page in the minutes after NBA Commissioner Adam Silver issued an immediate lifetime ban of owner Donald Sterling (not to mention a $2.5 million fine and an effort by the league to sell the team), this is what you saw.
That’s it. No links to click.
If you wonder why it happened so fast, just know the owner wasn’t completely loved within his own organization.
The Clippers also released this statement.
“We wholeheartedly support and embrace the decision by the NBA and Commissioner Adam Silver today. Now the healing process begins.”
It seems everyone is ready to move on (except likely Donald Sterling).
RELATED: Sterling fined $2.5 million, banned
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10