Apr 29, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
Log on to the Clippers team Web page in the minutes after NBA Commissioner Adam Silver issued an immediate lifetime ban of owner Donald Sterling (not to mention a $2.5 million fine and an effort by the league to sell the team), this is what you saw.
That’s it. No links to click.
If you wonder why it happened so fast, just know the owner wasn’t completely loved within his own organization.
The Clippers also released this statement.
“We wholeheartedly support and embrace the decision by the NBA and Commissioner Adam Silver today. Now the healing process begins.”
It seems everyone is ready to move on (except likely Donald Sterling).
RELATED: Sterling fined $2.5 million, banned
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 37
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 16
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 33
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 22
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20