Apr 29, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
Log on to the Clippers team Web page in the minutes after NBA Commissioner Adam Silver issued an immediate lifetime ban of owner Donald Sterling (not to mention a $2.5 million fine and an effort by the league to sell the team), this is what you saw.
That’s it. No links to click.
If you wonder why it happened so fast, just know the owner wasn’t completely loved within his own organization.
The Clippers also released this statement.
“We wholeheartedly support and embrace the decision by the NBA and Commissioner Adam Silver today. Now the healing process begins.”
It seems everyone is ready to move on (except likely Donald Sterling).
RELATED: Sterling fined $2.5 million, banned
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 8
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3