Apr 29, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
Log on to the Clippers team Web page in the minutes after NBA Commissioner Adam Silver issued an immediate lifetime ban of owner Donald Sterling (not to mention a $2.5 million fine and an effort by the league to sell the team), this is what you saw.
That’s it. No links to click.
If you wonder why it happened so fast, just know the owner wasn’t completely loved within his own organization.
The Clippers also released this statement.
“We wholeheartedly support and embrace the decision by the NBA and Commissioner Adam Silver today. Now the healing process begins.”
It seems everyone is ready to move on (except likely Donald Sterling).
RELATED: Sterling fined $2.5 million, banned
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 0
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 7
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 53
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9