Apr 28, 2014, 1:48 PM EST
As public relations disasters go, this is a huge one for the NBA — one of its owners allegedly has been caught on tape with comments that any thinking person should find offensive, let alone insulting a core part of the NBA’s fan base. Corporate sponsors are pulling away from the team. Fans, former players, other owners, just about everyone is expressing outrage.
So here during the middle of what has been the most exciting playoff first round in memory we are talking about Donald Sterling and not the games.
Today in PBT Extra Kay Adams and I discuss what the league can and can’t do to Sterling, plus what the league would like to happen. The problem for the league ultimately is Sterling will not go quietly, he will not just move on and sell the team for the good of the league. That’s not how he operates.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7