Apr 28, 2014, 1:48 PM EDT
As public relations disasters go, this is a huge one for the NBA — one of its owners allegedly has been caught on tape with comments that any thinking person should find offensive, let alone insulting a core part of the NBA’s fan base. Corporate sponsors are pulling away from the team. Fans, former players, other owners, just about everyone is expressing outrage.
So here during the middle of what has been the most exciting playoff first round in memory we are talking about Donald Sterling and not the games.
Today in PBT Extra Kay Adams and I discuss what the league can and can’t do to Sterling, plus what the league would like to happen. The problem for the league ultimately is Sterling will not go quietly, he will not just move on and sell the team for the good of the league. That’s not how he operates.
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 14
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 16
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17