Apr 28, 2014, 1:48 PM EDT
As public relations disasters go, this is a huge one for the NBA — one of its owners allegedly has been caught on tape with comments that any thinking person should find offensive, let alone insulting a core part of the NBA’s fan base. Corporate sponsors are pulling away from the team. Fans, former players, other owners, just about everyone is expressing outrage.
So here during the middle of what has been the most exciting playoff first round in memory we are talking about Donald Sterling and not the games.
Today in PBT Extra Kay Adams and I discuss what the league can and can’t do to Sterling, plus what the league would like to happen. The problem for the league ultimately is Sterling will not go quietly, he will not just move on and sell the team for the good of the league. That’s not how he operates.
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 2
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 12
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 63
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4