Apr 28, 2014, 1:48 PM EDT
As public relations disasters go, this is a huge one for the NBA — one of its owners allegedly has been caught on tape with comments that any thinking person should find offensive, let alone insulting a core part of the NBA’s fan base. Corporate sponsors are pulling away from the team. Fans, former players, other owners, just about everyone is expressing outrage.
So here during the middle of what has been the most exciting playoff first round in memory we are talking about Donald Sterling and not the games.
Today in PBT Extra Kay Adams and I discuss what the league can and can’t do to Sterling, plus what the league would like to happen. The problem for the league ultimately is Sterling will not go quietly, he will not just move on and sell the team for the good of the league. That’s not how he operates.
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 0
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 9
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 23
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 71
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 68