Apr 28, 2014, 7:52 PM EDT
In case you haven’t been paying attention and didn’t yet realize just how far-reaching the remarks attributed to Clippers owner Donald Sterling have become, the defending champion Miami Heat reminded us before their Game 4 matchup against the Bobcats in Charlotte.
Just as the Clippers did on Sunday, Miami’s players shed their warmup jackets at midcourt, and went through warmups with their shirts turned inside out, devoid of any NBA logo whatsoever.
It was a nice show of solidarity from the Heat, but it was also a reminder that this story goes beyond a single franchise, and is far bigger than the game of basketball.
The NBA is set to address the situation formally in a press conference scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Tuesday.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 0
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 19
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12