Apr 28, 2014, 7:52 PM EST
In case you haven’t been paying attention and didn’t yet realize just how far-reaching the remarks attributed to Clippers owner Donald Sterling have become, the defending champion Miami Heat reminded us before their Game 4 matchup against the Bobcats in Charlotte.
Just as the Clippers did on Sunday, Miami’s players shed their warmup jackets at midcourt, and went through warmups with their shirts turned inside out, devoid of any NBA logo whatsoever.
It was a nice show of solidarity from the Heat, but it was also a reminder that this story goes beyond a single franchise, and is far bigger than the game of basketball.
The NBA is set to address the situation formally in a press conference scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Tuesday.
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 6
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5