Apr 28, 2014, 4:33 PM EDT
LeBron and Bosh would each make $20,590,000 by not exercising the option, and Wade would make $20,164,000.
Or they could become unrestricted free agents. Or two could. Or one could.
And if they become free agents, all three could re-sign. Or two could. Or one could.
And if they re-sign, all three could get long-term max deals. Or two could. Or one could.
Or, they could re-sign and take less to give Miami more flexibility. Or two could. Or one could.
The Heat’s chaos potential is high this summer, but owner Micky Arison sounds pretty confident his franchise will remain stable.
The most recent indication that those three will stay, be it through not opting out or by opting out and signing longer contracts, is from owner Micky Arison. When asked Monday by 790 The Ticket to give a percentage chance of keeping them with the Heat, he responded, “100 percent.”
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $55,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $7,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
I also expect the Heat to keep all three, though I’m certainly not 100 percent certain. Look how quickly the Pacers crumbled. Good and cohesive teams can fracture, especially in the pressure of a title chase.
But as long as the Heat keep winning, their chances of keeping LeBron, Wade and Bosh remain high.
I’ll give it a 90 percent.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 39
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 53
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42