Apr 28, 2014, 4:33 PM EDT
LeBron and Bosh would each make $20,590,000 by not exercising the option, and Wade would make $20,164,000.
Or they could become unrestricted free agents. Or two could. Or one could.
And if they become free agents, all three could re-sign. Or two could. Or one could.
And if they re-sign, all three could get long-term max deals. Or two could. Or one could.
Or, they could re-sign and take less to give Miami more flexibility. Or two could. Or one could.
The Heat’s chaos potential is high this summer, but owner Micky Arison sounds pretty confident his franchise will remain stable.
The most recent indication that those three will stay, be it through not opting out or by opting out and signing longer contracts, is from owner Micky Arison. When asked Monday by 790 The Ticket to give a percentage chance of keeping them with the Heat, he responded, “100 percent.”
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $55,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $7,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
I also expect the Heat to keep all three, though I’m certainly not 100 percent certain. Look how quickly the Pacers crumbled. Good and cohesive teams can fracture, especially in the pressure of a title chase.
But as long as the Heat keep winning, their chances of keeping LeBron, Wade and Bosh remain high.
I’ll give it a 90 percent.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8