Apr 28, 2014, 3:55 PM EST
Doc Rivers really doesn’t know.
Doesn’t know how fans should react to this, although he hopes they support the players. He doesn’t know what the league will do or how his players will react to that action. He doesn’t know how they will play Tuesday night.
Listen to him and you believe him. And you can’t blame him — this is uncharted territory. Clearly the racist statements allegedly made by Clippers owner Donald Sterling (Rivers said he had no doubt Sterling made them) have effected his team as they search for a way to deal with it. Rivers gave his players the day off on Monday, but most of them were at the practice facility. Rivers again stepped in front of the media again and answered questions as best he could (he’s been great about that and trying to shield the players), but he really doesn’t know the answers. Here are Rivers’ comments, via tweets from ESPN’s Arash Markazi, Yahoo Sports’ Marc Spears, and Dan Woike of the Orange County Register.
On Donald Sterling reaching out to talk to him:
On what the league will do:
On the Clippers players:
On the Clippers fans and their reaction:
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 3
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 17
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17