Apr 28, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
More isn’t always better – especially when it comes to NBA teams practicing.
To the uninitiated, NBA teams practice surprisingly infrequently. There just isn’t time in a busy schedule, and rest is often preferred.
Perhaps due to ordinary reasons, the Clippers – who are in extraordinary circumstances due to the Donald Sterling saga – are opting for rest today.
Arash Markazi of ESPN:
The Clippers just lost by 21 in a playoff game. They hadn’t lost by 20 since a Jan. 4 loss to the Spurs. Regardless of anything else, it would make sense to take a day off and regroup.
Of course, Sterling looms over everything happening with the Clippers. Doc Rivers probably doesn’t want his players answering a ton of Sterling questions today, instead allowing them time to reflect privately and maybe even clear their heads.
If the Clippers are going to win this series, Rivers must navigate uncharted waters. Cancelling practice is his best attempt to do that, but there’s no telling whether it will work.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 36
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85