Apr 27, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Oklahoma City was down two games to one to the Memphis Grizzlies. Kevin Durant was ice cold. Russell Westbrook was worse. The Oklahoma City Thunder had given back a double-digit lead to the Grizzlies and now trailed in the fourth quarter. Things were not good…
Except the Thunder had the secret weapon of Reggie Jackson.
In their two losses this series the Thunder had gotten almost no production out of role players, it had been Durant and Westbrook against the world. In Game 4 Jackson stepped up. Big time — 32 points and 9 rebounds, with 17 of those points coming in the fourth quarter and overtime.
When the game ended Durant ran over and bear hugged Jackson — he knew how big this was. Check out the performance for yourself.
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 22
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 21
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2