Apr 27, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Oklahoma City was down two games to one to the Memphis Grizzlies. Kevin Durant was ice cold. Russell Westbrook was worse. The Oklahoma City Thunder had given back a double-digit lead to the Grizzlies and now trailed in the fourth quarter. Things were not good…
Except the Thunder had the secret weapon of Reggie Jackson.
In their two losses this series the Thunder had gotten almost no production out of role players, it had been Durant and Westbrook against the world. In Game 4 Jackson stepped up. Big time — 32 points and 9 rebounds, with 17 of those points coming in the fourth quarter and overtime.
When the game ended Durant ran over and bear hugged Jackson — he knew how big this was. Check out the performance for yourself.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49