Apr 27, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Oklahoma City was down two games to one to the Memphis Grizzlies. Kevin Durant was ice cold. Russell Westbrook was worse. The Oklahoma City Thunder had given back a double-digit lead to the Grizzlies and now trailed in the fourth quarter. Things were not good…
Except the Thunder had the secret weapon of Reggie Jackson.
In their two losses this series the Thunder had gotten almost no production out of role players, it had been Durant and Westbrook against the world. In Game 4 Jackson stepped up. Big time — 32 points and 9 rebounds, with 17 of those points coming in the fourth quarter and overtime.
When the game ended Durant ran over and bear hugged Jackson — he knew how big this was. Check out the performance for yourself.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40