Los Angeles Clippers turn warm-up shirts inside out to hide team logo in apparent protest of Donald Sterling
Apr 27, 2014, 3:37 PM EDT
It’s not their fault the team’s owner has brought so much negative attention to the franchise during a playoff run. They’re left in an awkward position – trying to balance their own professional goals with playing for Sterling’s team.
Before today’s Game 4, Doc Rivers even admitted he’s not sure how the players are handling it.
Today, they showed their response.
What a powerful image created by the players, hitting strong notes of protest and determination.
Matt Barnes, Reggie Bullock, Darren Collison, Jamal Crawford, Glen Davis, Jared Dudley, Danny Granger, Willie Green, Blake Griffin, Ryan Hollins, DeAndre Jordan, Chris Paul, J.J. Redick and Hedo Turkoglu are playing for themselves today – not Sterling’s Clippers.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 12
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 21
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14