Los Angeles Clippers turn warm-up shirts inside out to hide team logo in apparent protest of Donald Sterling
Apr 27, 2014, 3:37 PM EST
It’s not their fault the team’s owner has brought so much negative attention to the franchise during a playoff run. They’re left in an awkward position – trying to balance their own professional goals with playing for Sterling’s team.
Before today’s Game 4, Doc Rivers even admitted he’s not sure how the players are handling it.
Today, they showed their response.
What a powerful image created by the players, hitting strong notes of protest and determination.
Matt Barnes, Reggie Bullock, Darren Collison, Jamal Crawford, Glen Davis, Jared Dudley, Danny Granger, Willie Green, Blake Griffin, Ryan Hollins, DeAndre Jordan, Chris Paul, J.J. Redick and Hedo Turkoglu are playing for themselves today – not Sterling’s Clippers.
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 5
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 7
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 7
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 19
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 17
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 5
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 24
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13