Los Angeles Clippers turn warm-up shirts inside out to hide team logo in apparent protest of Donald Sterling
Apr 27, 2014, 3:37 PM EDT
It’s not their fault the team’s owner has brought so much negative attention to the franchise during a playoff run. They’re left in an awkward position – trying to balance their own professional goals with playing for Sterling’s team.
Before today’s Game 4, Doc Rivers even admitted he’s not sure how the players are handling it.
Today, they showed their response.
What a powerful image created by the players, hitting strong notes of protest and determination.
Matt Barnes, Reggie Bullock, Darren Collison, Jamal Crawford, Glen Davis, Jared Dudley, Danny Granger, Willie Green, Blake Griffin, Ryan Hollins, DeAndre Jordan, Chris Paul, J.J. Redick and Hedo Turkoglu are playing for themselves today – not Sterling’s Clippers.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3