Los Angeles Clippers turn warm-up shirts inside out to hide team logo in apparent protest of Donald Sterling
Apr 27, 2014, 3:37 PM EDT
It’s not their fault the team’s owner has brought so much negative attention to the franchise during a playoff run. They’re left in an awkward position – trying to balance their own professional goals with playing for Sterling’s team.
Before today’s Game 4, Doc Rivers even admitted he’s not sure how the players are handling it.
Today, they showed their response.
What a powerful image created by the players, hitting strong notes of protest and determination.
Matt Barnes, Reggie Bullock, Darren Collison, Jamal Crawford, Glen Davis, Jared Dudley, Danny Granger, Willie Green, Blake Griffin, Ryan Hollins, DeAndre Jordan, Chris Paul, J.J. Redick and Hedo Turkoglu are playing for themselves today – not Sterling’s Clippers.
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 0
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 1
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 18
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 17