Los Angeles Clippers turn warm-up shirts inside out to hide team logo in apparent protest of Donald Sterling
Apr 27, 2014, 3:37 PM EDT
It’s not their fault the team’s owner has brought so much negative attention to the franchise during a playoff run. They’re left in an awkward position – trying to balance their own professional goals with playing for Sterling’s team.
Before today’s Game 4, Doc Rivers even admitted he’s not sure how the players are handling it.
Today, they showed their response.
What a powerful image created by the players, hitting strong notes of protest and determination.
Matt Barnes, Reggie Bullock, Darren Collison, Jamal Crawford, Glen Davis, Jared Dudley, Danny Granger, Willie Green, Blake Griffin, Ryan Hollins, DeAndre Jordan, Chris Paul, J.J. Redick and Hedo Turkoglu are playing for themselves today – not Sterling’s Clippers.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 82
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20