Extended audio emerges featuring more racist remarks allegedly made by Clippers owner Donald Sterling
Apr 27, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
An extended version of the original audio clip that featured racist remarks allegedly made by Clippers owner Donald Sterling has emerged, and it essentially contains more of the same types of offensive ramblings that has caused a virtual firestorm.
In the clip obtained by Deadspin, the man alleged to be Sterling makes comments that come across as being even more incredulous, especially considering the fact that he seems to be upset when accusing the woman of thinking that he’s a racist.
Some of the worst of it, via Kyle Wagner of Deadspin:
V: Do you know that you have a whole team that’s black, that plays for you?
DS: You just, do I know? I support them and give them food, and clothes, and cars, and houses. Who gives it to them? Does someone else give it to them?Do I know that I have—Who makes the game? Do I make the game, or do they make the game? Is there 30 owners, that created the league?
And also this:
DS: It’s the world! You go to Israel, the blacks are just treated like dogs.
V: So do you have to treat them like that too?
DS: The white Jews, there’s white Jews and black Jews, do you understand?
V: And are the black Jews less than the white Jews?
DS: A hundred percent, fifty, a hundred percent.
Sterling hasn’t exactly come out and vehemently denied any of this, though it has been claimed that the audio may have been altered in some way, and that the woman on the recording is being sued by Sterling for the alleged embezzlement of $1.8 million.
This is simply additional fuel on the fire, and more reason for Adam Silver to take the strongest action against Sterling that is legally possible.
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 3
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 10
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 41
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 22