Apr 26, 2014, 4:02 PM EST
Wizards’ big man Nene has been suspended one game for the altercation that got him ejected from Game 3 against the Bulls, the league announced on Saturday via official release.
Nene’s action was described as “head-butting and grabbing guard-forward Jimmy Butler of the Chicago Bulls around the neck with both hands and attempting to throw him down,” and the suspension was something that was completely expected — even by Joakim Noah of the Bulls.
Washington opened the series by taking the first two games in Chicago, but lost a close one at home in Game 3 and now will be without a key piece on Sunday, when the Bulls will have a great chance to even the series.
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 9
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5