Apr 26, 2014, 4:02 PM EDT
Wizards’ big man Nene has been suspended one game for the altercation that got him ejected from Game 3 against the Bulls, the league announced on Saturday via official release.
Nene’s action was described as “head-butting and grabbing guard-forward Jimmy Butler of the Chicago Bulls around the neck with both hands and attempting to throw him down,” and the suspension was something that was completely expected — even by Joakim Noah of the Bulls.
Washington opened the series by taking the first two games in Chicago, but lost a close one at home in Game 3 and now will be without a key piece on Sunday, when the Bulls will have a great chance to even the series.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 11
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 31
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21