Apr 26, 2014, 4:02 PM EDT
Wizards’ big man Nene has been suspended one game for the altercation that got him ejected from Game 3 against the Bulls, the league announced on Saturday via official release.
Nene’s action was described as “head-butting and grabbing guard-forward Jimmy Butler of the Chicago Bulls around the neck with both hands and attempting to throw him down,” and the suspension was something that was completely expected — even by Joakim Noah of the Bulls.
Washington opened the series by taking the first two games in Chicago, but lost a close one at home in Game 3 and now will be without a key piece on Sunday, when the Bulls will have a great chance to even the series.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 44
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4