Apr 26, 2014, 4:02 PM EDT
Wizards’ big man Nene has been suspended one game for the altercation that got him ejected from Game 3 against the Bulls, the league announced on Saturday via official release.
Nene’s action was described as “head-butting and grabbing guard-forward Jimmy Butler of the Chicago Bulls around the neck with both hands and attempting to throw him down,” and the suspension was something that was completely expected — even by Joakim Noah of the Bulls.
Washington opened the series by taking the first two games in Chicago, but lost a close one at home in Game 3 and now will be without a key piece on Sunday, when the Bulls will have a great chance to even the series.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 6
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10