Apr 26, 2014, 4:02 PM EDT
Wizards’ big man Nene has been suspended one game for the altercation that got him ejected from Game 3 against the Bulls, the league announced on Saturday via official release.
Nene’s action was described as “head-butting and grabbing guard-forward Jimmy Butler of the Chicago Bulls around the neck with both hands and attempting to throw him down,” and the suspension was something that was completely expected — even by Joakim Noah of the Bulls.
Washington opened the series by taking the first two games in Chicago, but lost a close one at home in Game 3 and now will be without a key piece on Sunday, when the Bulls will have a great chance to even the series.
- CP3 who? Clippers come from behind to take Game 1 from Rockets on road. 0
- Bulls ride hot start, strong shooting night to Game 1 win in Cleveland 18
- Chris Paul out for Game 1 of Clippers-Rockets series 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 13
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 6
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 3
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 2
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 22