Apr 26, 2014, 7:27 PM EST
Vince Carter had 1.7 seconds to shoot, and he used it all.
Carter caught the inbound in the corner, pump-faked to get Manu Ginobili – who had just made a go-ahead shot on the other end – into the air and then drilled the game-winning 3-pointer.
- Mavericks 109, Spurs 108
- Mavericks 2, Spurs 1
This series has been great, and this ending sequence took it to another level. The way it’s going, hopefully it goes the full seven.
Somehow, with so many veterans, they’re even doing things they’ve never done before:
After losing 10 straight to the Spurs, Dallas has now won two in a row in the series. San Antonio is too good to be considered on the ropes, but Carter’s big shot definitely increases the pressure.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0