Apr 26, 2014, 7:27 PM EDT
Vince Carter had 1.7 seconds to shoot, and he used it all.
Carter caught the inbound in the corner, pump-faked to get Manu Ginobili – who had just made a go-ahead shot on the other end – into the air and then drilled the game-winning 3-pointer.
- Mavericks 109, Spurs 108
- Mavericks 2, Spurs 1
This series has been great, and this ending sequence took it to another level. The way it’s going, hopefully it goes the full seven.
Somehow, with so many veterans, they’re even doing things they’ve never done before:
After losing 10 straight to the Spurs, Dallas has now won two in a row in the series. San Antonio is too good to be considered on the ropes, but Carter’s big shot definitely increases the pressure.
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 7
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 6
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9