Apr 26, 2014, 7:27 PM EDT
Vince Carter had 1.7 seconds to shoot, and he used it all.
Carter caught the inbound in the corner, pump-faked to get Manu Ginobili – who had just made a go-ahead shot on the other end – into the air and then drilled the game-winning 3-pointer.
- Mavericks 109, Spurs 108
- Mavericks 2, Spurs 1
This series has been great, and this ending sequence took it to another level. The way it’s going, hopefully it goes the full seven.
Somehow, with so many veterans, they’re even doing things they’ve never done before:
After losing 10 straight to the Spurs, Dallas has now won two in a row in the series. San Antonio is too good to be considered on the ropes, but Carter’s big shot definitely increases the pressure.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 3
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 13
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 12
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36