Apr 25, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
For a couple of games now it has gone like this: The Oklahoma City Thunder make spectacular plays late (they’ve had two clutch four-point plays) yet the Memphis Grizzlies just keep grinding and executing. It’s been close, but when the dust settles the Grizzlies are the ones standing.
Where Mike Conley hits a three, where a steal leads to a Conley lay-up, where Marc Gasol is hitting free throw line jumpers — where with the game on the line the Grizzlies keep running sets not going to isolation plays. They just keep executing.
And it works. Memphis now leads the series 2-1 with Game 4 in their place being a not quite but almost must-win for Oklahoma City.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 0
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 11
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 39
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 20
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 18
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29