Apr 25, 2014, 2:55 AM EST
Our quick look around the NBA, or what you missed while coming up with antother reason not to get the word “murder” tattoed on your neck…
Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers. He scored the first 10 points of the third quarter and led a Clippers’ charge that had them up 18 in the third — Golden State spent the rest of the game trying to get out of that hole and never fully could. Golden State has no answer for Griffin, who had 32 points on 25 shots and was the focal point of the Clippers’ offense all night (as he was in Game 2). Griffin was knocking down that Duncanesque face-up bank shot, he was attacking the rim, he was just doing whatever he wanted. He is the difference in this series right now and not a problem the Warriors can easily solve.
Jeff Teague, Atlanta Hawks. When he is aggressive and attacking he is a quality point guard, and right now he is attacking — and with Roy Hibbert struggling and pulled out of the paint by Pero Antic, Teague has a straight line path to points. He finished with 22 points and 10 boards. He has become the face of a Hawks team that is just getting it done against the No. 1 seed Pacers. And they are getting it done with ridiculous shots like this.
Mike Conley, Memphis Grizzlies. He won the NBA’s sportsmanship award this week, but he has not been kind to the Thunder. Conley had five of his team-high 20 points in overtime making sure the Grizzlies took a 2-1 lead over the Thunder. More than that, all series the Grizzlies have been patient, in control, disciplined, making the extra pass and getting the best look. Conley is one of the most underrated point guards in the league, and he could be leading his team to the second round of the playoffs.
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 5
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 14
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 10
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36