Apr 25, 2014, 2:55 AM EDT
Our quick look around the NBA, or what you missed while coming up with antother reason not to get the word “murder” tattoed on your neck…
Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers. He scored the first 10 points of the third quarter and led a Clippers’ charge that had them up 18 in the third — Golden State spent the rest of the game trying to get out of that hole and never fully could. Golden State has no answer for Griffin, who had 32 points on 25 shots and was the focal point of the Clippers’ offense all night (as he was in Game 2). Griffin was knocking down that Duncanesque face-up bank shot, he was attacking the rim, he was just doing whatever he wanted. He is the difference in this series right now and not a problem the Warriors can easily solve.
Jeff Teague, Atlanta Hawks. When he is aggressive and attacking he is a quality point guard, and right now he is attacking — and with Roy Hibbert struggling and pulled out of the paint by Pero Antic, Teague has a straight line path to points. He finished with 22 points and 10 boards. He has become the face of a Hawks team that is just getting it done against the No. 1 seed Pacers. And they are getting it done with ridiculous shots like this.
Mike Conley, Memphis Grizzlies. He won the NBA’s sportsmanship award this week, but he has not been kind to the Thunder. Conley had five of his team-high 20 points in overtime making sure the Grizzlies took a 2-1 lead over the Thunder. More than that, all series the Grizzlies have been patient, in control, disciplined, making the extra pass and getting the best look. Conley is one of the most underrated point guards in the league, and he could be leading his team to the second round of the playoffs.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 27
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18