Apr 25, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Here’s the play. Golden State was down 2 with 7.6 seconds left and went with a Stephen Curry isolation (a play that worked well for them this season).
Here is Curry’s reaction:
Those comments may just be Curry trying to avoid writing a check to the league for criticizing the officials.
Was he fouled? Yes, but it wasn’t a blatant hack, Chris Paul was smart to use the off-arm to push a little. That’s just not a call you’re going to get on the final shot of a game. I think Curry put it well with the 50/50 call, whether he meant it or not.
Also, Warriors fans, that shot is not why you lost. Golden State shot 6-of-31 from three. Golden State has no answer for Blake Griffin and are not doubling him enough or fast enough (the bigs matchup is where they really miss Andrew Bogut). You got down 18 and had to use all your energy just to get back, and when you did Chris Paul led another 7-0 Clipper run to throw you in another hole.
Golden State didn’t lose the game on one 50/50 call, they lost it with a lot of plays they didn’t make in the second half. You can’t just pick out one and blame it.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 16
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32