Apr 25, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Here’s the play. Golden State was down 2 with 7.6 seconds left and went with a Stephen Curry isolation (a play that worked well for them this season).
Here is Curry’s reaction:
Those comments may just be Curry trying to avoid writing a check to the league for criticizing the officials.
Was he fouled? Yes, but it wasn’t a blatant hack, Chris Paul was smart to use the off-arm to push a little. That’s just not a call you’re going to get on the final shot of a game. I think Curry put it well with the 50/50 call, whether he meant it or not.
Also, Warriors fans, that shot is not why you lost. Golden State shot 6-of-31 from three. Golden State has no answer for Blake Griffin and are not doubling him enough or fast enough (the bigs matchup is where they really miss Andrew Bogut). You got down 18 and had to use all your energy just to get back, and when you did Chris Paul led another 7-0 Clipper run to throw you in another hole.
Golden State didn’t lose the game on one 50/50 call, they lost it with a lot of plays they didn’t make in the second half. You can’t just pick out one and blame it.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29