Apr 25, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Here’s the play. Golden State was down 2 with 7.6 seconds left and went with a Stephen Curry isolation (a play that worked well for them this season).
Here is Curry’s reaction:
Those comments may just be Curry trying to avoid writing a check to the league for criticizing the officials.
Was he fouled? Yes, but it wasn’t a blatant hack, Chris Paul was smart to use the off-arm to push a little. That’s just not a call you’re going to get on the final shot of a game. I think Curry put it well with the 50/50 call, whether he meant it or not.
Also, Warriors fans, that shot is not why you lost. Golden State shot 6-of-31 from three. Golden State has no answer for Blake Griffin and are not doubling him enough or fast enough (the bigs matchup is where they really miss Andrew Bogut). You got down 18 and had to use all your energy just to get back, and when you did Chris Paul led another 7-0 Clipper run to throw you in another hole.
Golden State didn’t lose the game on one 50/50 call, they lost it with a lot of plays they didn’t make in the second half. You can’t just pick out one and blame it.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 24
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 4
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 59
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6