Apr 25, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Here’s the play. Golden State was down 2 with 7.6 seconds left and went with a Stephen Curry isolation (a play that worked well for them this season).
Here is Curry’s reaction:
Those comments may just be Curry trying to avoid writing a check to the league for criticizing the officials.
Was he fouled? Yes, but it wasn’t a blatant hack, Chris Paul was smart to use the off-arm to push a little. That’s just not a call you’re going to get on the final shot of a game. I think Curry put it well with the 50/50 call, whether he meant it or not.
Also, Warriors fans, that shot is not why you lost. Golden State shot 6-of-31 from three. Golden State has no answer for Blake Griffin and are not doubling him enough or fast enough (the bigs matchup is where they really miss Andrew Bogut). You got down 18 and had to use all your energy just to get back, and when you did Chris Paul led another 7-0 Clipper run to throw you in another hole.
Golden State didn’t lose the game on one 50/50 call, they lost it with a lot of plays they didn’t make in the second half. You can’t just pick out one and blame it.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 72
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20