Apr 25, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Here’s the play. Golden State was down 2 with 7.6 seconds left and went with a Stephen Curry isolation (a play that worked well for them this season).
Here is Curry’s reaction:
Those comments may just be Curry trying to avoid writing a check to the league for criticizing the officials.
Was he fouled? Yes, but it wasn’t a blatant hack, Chris Paul was smart to use the off-arm to push a little. That’s just not a call you’re going to get on the final shot of a game. I think Curry put it well with the 50/50 call, whether he meant it or not.
Also, Warriors fans, that shot is not why you lost. Golden State shot 6-of-31 from three. Golden State has no answer for Blake Griffin and are not doubling him enough or fast enough (the bigs matchup is where they really miss Andrew Bogut). You got down 18 and had to use all your energy just to get back, and when you did Chris Paul led another 7-0 Clipper run to throw you in another hole.
Golden State didn’t lose the game on one 50/50 call, they lost it with a lot of plays they didn’t make in the second half. You can’t just pick out one and blame it.
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 0
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 35
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 79
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 19
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48