Apr 25, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Here’s the play. Golden State was down 2 with 7.6 seconds left and went with a Stephen Curry isolation (a play that worked well for them this season).
Here is Curry’s reaction:
Those comments may just be Curry trying to avoid writing a check to the league for criticizing the officials.
Was he fouled? Yes, but it wasn’t a blatant hack, Chris Paul was smart to use the off-arm to push a little. That’s just not a call you’re going to get on the final shot of a game. I think Curry put it well with the 50/50 call, whether he meant it or not.
Also, Warriors fans, that shot is not why you lost. Golden State shot 6-of-31 from three. Golden State has no answer for Blake Griffin and are not doubling him enough or fast enough (the bigs matchup is where they really miss Andrew Bogut). You got down 18 and had to use all your energy just to get back, and when you did Chris Paul led another 7-0 Clipper run to throw you in another hole.
Golden State didn’t lose the game on one 50/50 call, they lost it with a lot of plays they didn’t make in the second half. You can’t just pick out one and blame it.
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 0
- LeBron James on Cavaliers’ struggles: “I stink” 13
- Report: Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice 18
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Life is good in the Golden State 12
- Damian Lillard, as stature grows, refuses to become content 4
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 11
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 12
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 20