Apr 25, 2014, 10:27 PM EDT
Nene made consecutive baskets in the fourth quarter of Game 3 of the Wizards-Bulls series, and he celebrated the second by giving a slight shove to Jimmy Butler while heading up court. Butler put his hand on Nene, and that’s when the real incident started.
Nene and Butler went head-to-head, pressing foreheads as they stared each other down. Nene reached around Butler’s head with both hands and tried to control Butler’s movement – earning an ejection after they were parted.
Butler, who also received a technical, missed the technical free throw but made a 3-pointer on his next possession.
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91