Apr 25, 2014, 10:46 AM EDT
In case you forgot, Kobe Bryant spent a chunk of his formative years growing up in Italy while his father was a professional basketball player there (and Mike D’Antoni was the star of the league, but that’s another story).
With that Kobe grew up with a love of soccer that continues to this day. Like the rest of us fans of the beautiful game, we are pumped for the World Cup this summer in Brazil (a country that got a really easy draw for the tournament — next time you think things seem fixed in the NBA go watch FIFA for a while).
Kobe is partnered with Panini, which puts together a World Cup album that is a big success for the company. Kobe, a global sports figure, was the perfect guy to promote it.
This is just a cool ad.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 45
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 12
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13