Apr 25, 2014, 10:46 AM EDT
In case you forgot, Kobe Bryant spent a chunk of his formative years growing up in Italy while his father was a professional basketball player there (and Mike D’Antoni was the star of the league, but that’s another story).
With that Kobe grew up with a love of soccer that continues to this day. Like the rest of us fans of the beautiful game, we are pumped for the World Cup this summer in Brazil (a country that got a really easy draw for the tournament — next time you think things seem fixed in the NBA go watch FIFA for a while).
Kobe is partnered with Panini, which puts together a World Cup album that is a big success for the company. Kobe, a global sports figure, was the perfect guy to promote it.
This is just a cool ad.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 8
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 5
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 11
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4