Apr 25, 2014, 10:46 AM EDT
In case you forgot, Kobe Bryant spent a chunk of his formative years growing up in Italy while his father was a professional basketball player there (and Mike D’Antoni was the star of the league, but that’s another story).
With that Kobe grew up with a love of soccer that continues to this day. Like the rest of us fans of the beautiful game, we are pumped for the World Cup this summer in Brazil (a country that got a really easy draw for the tournament — next time you think things seem fixed in the NBA go watch FIFA for a while).
Kobe is partnered with Panini, which puts together a World Cup album that is a big success for the company. Kobe, a global sports figure, was the perfect guy to promote it.
This is just a cool ad.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 7
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8