Apr 25, 2014, 10:46 AM EDT
In case you forgot, Kobe Bryant spent a chunk of his formative years growing up in Italy while his father was a professional basketball player there (and Mike D’Antoni was the star of the league, but that’s another story).
With that Kobe grew up with a love of soccer that continues to this day. Like the rest of us fans of the beautiful game, we are pumped for the World Cup this summer in Brazil (a country that got a really easy draw for the tournament — next time you think things seem fixed in the NBA go watch FIFA for a while).
Kobe is partnered with Panini, which puts together a World Cup album that is a big success for the company. Kobe, a global sports figure, was the perfect guy to promote it.
This is just a cool ad.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 9
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 48
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43