Apr 25, 2014, 10:46 AM EST
In case you forgot, Kobe Bryant spent a chunk of his formative years growing up in Italy while his father was a professional basketball player there (and Mike D’Antoni was the star of the league, but that’s another story).
With that Kobe grew up with a love of soccer that continues to this day. Like the rest of us fans of the beautiful game, we are pumped for the World Cup this summer in Brazil (a country that got a really easy draw for the tournament — next time you think things seem fixed in the NBA go watch FIFA for a while).
Kobe is partnered with Panini, which puts together a World Cup album that is a big success for the company. Kobe, a global sports figure, was the perfect guy to promote it.
This is just a cool ad.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 4
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 28
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11