Apr 25, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Is Joakim Noah – preparing for tonight’s Game 3 in Washington after the Bulls dropped two in Chicago – just as irritable?
Joakim Noah and Wizards manager/security man Jackie Miles got into a back-and-forth exchange of expletives, after Miles came onto the Verizon Center hardwood, and started screaming for Bulls players to exit so the Wizards could start their shootaround.
Noah is usually the last Bull off the court in shootarounds, going through his morning routine, and wasn’t having any of it.
Noah told Miles, “Get the [bleep] out of here, I’m not done … get the [bleep] out of here.’’
Miles started firing back with, “Don’t [bleeping] talk to me that way,’’ and then again telling Noah to leave the court.
It didn’t stop there, as the two went back-and-forth for at least another minute
To understand this incident, you have to understand Miles.
Whenever he’s in the room, he acts as if he runs the place. He’ll begin conversations with anyone as if he’s know them for years. Sometimes, he’ll tease strangers from across the room. (For me, it was eating my ice cream too quickly).
If you smile at his oversized personality, he always good to laugh with. If you’re predisposed to view his work the other way, he’s a real jerk.
I typically takes Miles with a smile, but I don’t blame Noah one bit for not appreciating Miles’ act. Noah is preparing for the most important game of Chicago’s season, and he wants to focus – not get accosted by a Wizards employee. This would have been the right time for Miles to tone it down.
Noah had the last laugh, according to Cowley, remaining in the gym until he finished his routine.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 6
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 22
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 23
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 18
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25