Apr 25, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Is Joakim Noah – preparing for tonight’s Game 3 in Washington after the Bulls dropped two in Chicago – just as irritable?
Joakim Noah and Wizards manager/security man Jackie Miles got into a back-and-forth exchange of expletives, after Miles came onto the Verizon Center hardwood, and started screaming for Bulls players to exit so the Wizards could start their shootaround.
Noah is usually the last Bull off the court in shootarounds, going through his morning routine, and wasn’t having any of it.
Noah told Miles, “Get the [bleep] out of here, I’m not done … get the [bleep] out of here.’’
Miles started firing back with, “Don’t [bleeping] talk to me that way,’’ and then again telling Noah to leave the court.
It didn’t stop there, as the two went back-and-forth for at least another minute
To understand this incident, you have to understand Miles.
Whenever he’s in the room, he acts as if he runs the place. He’ll begin conversations with anyone as if he’s know them for years. Sometimes, he’ll tease strangers from across the room. (For me, it was eating my ice cream too quickly).
If you smile at his oversized personality, he always good to laugh with. If you’re predisposed to view his work the other way, he’s a real jerk.
I typically takes Miles with a smile, but I don’t blame Noah one bit for not appreciating Miles’ act. Noah is preparing for the most important game of Chicago’s season, and he wants to focus – not get accosted by a Wizards employee. This would have been the right time for Miles to tone it down.
Noah had the last laugh, according to Cowley, remaining in the gym until he finished his routine.
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 4
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 35
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 32
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25