Doc Rivers calls Chris Paul ‘Cliff’

Apr 25, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT

Whichever adman or adwoman came up with Cliff Paul deserves a raise.

Not only did Cliff Paul – not Chris Paulshow up for All-Star Saturday Night, most people seemed to get a kick out of it. Cliff Paul is the rare marketing gimmick consumers actually seem to enjoy and want more of.

The Cliff Paul phenomenon has even seeped into Doc Rivers’ brain when he’s acutely focused on the NBA playoffs.

1. spyder9669 - Apr 25, 2014 at 10:26 PM

Really? They are some of the worst commercials I have seen. Cliff Paul?? Not one bit entertaining. Awful.

• asimonetti88 - Apr 26, 2014 at 3:24 PM

I also can’t stand those commercials

2. thekingdave - Apr 26, 2014 at 1:29 AM

^^^^^This. Same with these old spice commercials with the singing mothers. I’ve been using it since my pits started smelling but I’m done. Hope the tv timeouts are with it NBA and sponsors.

• mackcarrington - Apr 26, 2014 at 2:27 AM

I can’t believe anybody under the age of 50 uses Old Spice.
      I know women who used to laugh at men when they smelled Old Spice.
      People are such suckers for advertising. Old Spice is NOT hip.

• imakcds - Apr 26, 2014 at 11:43 AM

be real: Hai Karate was the only way to go!!
        ha!ha!

3. thekingdave - Apr 26, 2014 at 3:10 AM

My mom started buying it for me when I was 11 or whatever and I just kept buying it when I left the house cause it was familiar. I mean, it’s just freaking deodorant. As long as my pits don’t smell like crap and sweat I could really care less about if it “smells good”. Good lucking dudes don’t have to rely on other factors like that ya see. Plus, nowhere did I ever say it was hip, imply that it was, or say that would be a factor in me buying it. But real great insights overall (insert sarcasm).

4. 00maltliquor - Apr 26, 2014 at 3:33 AM

Since PBT probably won’t put this on here or will be mad late, have at it

Donald Sterling in his finest moment…

5. damaddwebba - Apr 26, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Why arent we seeing any articles about http://m.tmz.com/index.html#Article/2014/04/26/donald-sterling-clippers-owner-black-people-racist-audio-magic-johnson/

• jimeejohnson - Apr 26, 2014 at 10:37 AM

It’s another God damn TMZ link. Guess if you don’t reside in the L.A., or if you’re not mesmerized by the glitz of Hollywood (Shallowtown) you might not give a crap about some stupid celebrity website.

• jimeejohnson - Apr 26, 2014 at 10:38 AM

The L.A.!

6. damaddwebba - Apr 26, 2014 at 9:24 AM

7. 12444uggg - Apr 26, 2014 at 12:58 PM

NBA.com is completely ignoring it also,

Sorry for Clip fans.

8. 5xchamp24 - Apr 26, 2014 at 1:11 PM

I’m so sick of seeing CP3s and Blakes commercials after every timeout in a game. They’ve got to be the dumbest all time

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches