Apr 25, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Whichever adman or adwoman came up with Cliff Paul deserves a raise.
Not only did Cliff Paul – not Chris Paul – show up for All-Star Saturday Night, most people seemed to get a kick out of it. Cliff Paul is the rare marketing gimmick consumers actually seem to enjoy and want more of.
The Cliff Paul phenomenon has even seeped into Doc Rivers’ brain when he’s acutely focused on the NBA playoffs.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9