Apr 25, 2014, 10:10 PM EST
Whichever adman or adwoman came up with Cliff Paul deserves a raise.
Not only did Cliff Paul – not Chris Paul – show up for All-Star Saturday Night, most people seemed to get a kick out of it. Cliff Paul is the rare marketing gimmick consumers actually seem to enjoy and want more of.
The Cliff Paul phenomenon has even seeped into Doc Rivers’ brain when he’s acutely focused on the NBA playoffs.
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 0
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20