Apr 24, 2014, 6:39 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Tracy McGrady is a professional baseball player. A pitcher nonetheless. He made the roster of the Sugar Land Skeeters, an independent minor league team. Give the man some credit, with his NBA days over and not wanting to just collect checks in China (or wherever) he chased a dream and got it.
• When Joakim Noah first came into the league, he wore the same shoe company that his father the legendary tennis player wore — Le Coq Sportif. Now Noah is suing Le Coq Sportif for money and claiming that those shoes helped lead to his foot problems.
• I’ll add that trainers/player development people around the league will tell you a chunk (not all but some) of the plantar fasciitis is about ill-fitting shoes.
• If you want to know now the names and backgrounds of the assistant coaches who will be interviewing for head coaching gigs this summer, read this.
• Here’s a Q&A with The Logo, Jerry West.
• Mark Cuban says the $550 million price tag for the Milwaukee Bucks is a “bargain.” I think he and I define that word differently.
• Gregg Popovich donated money to help Butler rebuild it’s facilities. Because he’s a Hoosier.
• This is old but in case you missed it, here is NBA.com’s Lang Whitaker being a D-League coach.
• Also old but still funny: Can the Portland Trail Blazers name all four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?
• You had to know the Miami Heat had a senior dance team, right?
• Finally, I leave you with this from Lance Stephenson, and without comment.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20