Kevin Durant is tired of being asked about Tony Allen. Very tired.

Apr 24, 2014, 5:46 PM EST

Memphis Grizzlies v Oklahoma City Thunder - Game One Getty Images

Tony Allen is one of the best individual defenders in the league and for two games he has made things as difficult for Kevin Durant as anyone is going to. The MVP to be is scoring 34.5 points a game through two games (it was 32 a game in the regular season), but he shot 12-of-28 in Game 2. Durant kills people with his ability to pull up, but he is shooting just 30 percent on those in the first two games. (Durant is still killing it on the catch and shoot, he’s taken 24 in two games and shot 56.3 percent.)

When Durant spoke to the media on Wednesday, he got peppered with questions about Allen’s defense.

And Durant found those as annoying as Allen’s defense, reports the Commercial Appeal.

“He’s good,” Durant said. “He’s good at dodging screens. He’s physical. Everybody plays the same way with me, though.”

When asked about Allen a few minutes later, a more agitated Durant again paused before responding.

“It’s not like I’m just totally getting locked down,” Durant, who is averaging 34.5 points in the series, said. “He’s making it tough. It’s not like I’m just non-existent. I don’t know what you guys have been watching. He’s just making me work, like everybody else will.”

Two games in, Tony Allen has been the MVP of this series, so there are going to be questions about him. Suck it up, KD.

As usual with the Thunder offense, the issue isn’t Durant. It’s some of Westbrook’s shot choices in the clutch. It’s the lack of other guys stepping up. Mostly the latter, as a series goes on the Thunder lack a depth of options to turn to for points.

Durant is just fine. He will get his.

The bigger problem for the Thunder was getting stops in Game 2 — Durant would hit ridiculous falling out of bounds shots and the Grizzlies would come back down, Mike Conley would get into the paint, make the extra pass and the Griz would get a clean look. That is the end of the floor the Thunder need to improve or Memphis is not going to be a pleasant memory for them.

1. spursareold - Apr 24, 2014 at 5:50 PM

If you make 8 figures, and the worst part of your day is a repetitive question, well, you have it pretty damn good.

• fanofthegame79 - Apr 24, 2014 at 6:12 PM

I’m not a huge fan of Durant…little things about him bother me (I loathe!! his shoulder shake when he shoots free throws). For example, he seems to get irritated at thing like this quite often. He was sick of always getting compared to LeBron (PBT wrote an article about it a while back); he was sick of always finishing second (PBT article); he was sick of his 25-point-game streak (yet another PBT article); now he’s sick of people asking him about Tony Allen. Yes, KD, suck it up. I’m just glad he ditched that childish backpack he wore to so many post game new conferences (one of the things that irked me).

• moseskkim - Apr 24, 2014 at 6:41 PM

hes not sick of people asking him about tony allen.. he can get bothered by it right? but he didnt even say hes sick or tired of hearing it.. if those reasons are why you arent a huge fan of durant.. ur missin out. hes super humble, works super hard, is a bonafide superstar in the league and is about to get the mvp. give me some stronger reasons why you wouldnt want to be a fan of that

• ProBasketballPundit - Apr 24, 2014 at 8:27 PM

Relax, dude. Durant is just trying to carve out a little superstar space for himself. He’s a great guy. Do you remember the twitter account Kevindurant’sneighbor? After LeBron retires we’re gonna need another guy to root for and I think Durant will be that guy.

• calkinsrob - Apr 25, 2014 at 11:07 AM

really nitpicking here. I love durant. I love that he was sick of being second. and I loved that he stopped his pt streak and showed that he really didnt car about it. AND I LOVE THE SHOULDER SHAKE lol

2. kb2408 - Apr 24, 2014 at 6:07 PM

I see a 40 piece coming T. Allen’s way…as in 40 points from KD.

• fanofthegame79 - Apr 24, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Maybe, but with the way Allen is guarding him, it will take KD 30+ shots to hit 40 points.

• antistratfordian - Apr 24, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Especially on the road, where Durant shoots 5 percentage points worse than he does at home.

• antistratfordian - Apr 24, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Looks like we were wrong, fanofthegame79. KD would’ve needed 40+ shots to hit 40 points in this one.

• elcapitanfiscal - Apr 24, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Not today.

3. coffeeblack95616 - Apr 24, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Maybe he doesn’t like the lack of grammar in posts as well.

4. kavika6 - Apr 25, 2014 at 7:34 AM

I really like KD but I’m afraid he’s been around Westbrook too long.

Could Sixers be worst team in NBA history?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches