Apr 24, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
The Atlanta Hawks are up 2-1 on the Indiana Pacers and in complete and total control of this series.
We’ll be writing more about Indiana’s Jericho-like implosion down the line, but the other part of this series is that Atlanta is doing everything right. The Hawks have matchups that work. They have attacked relentlessly.
The best part of this video is Teague’s shrug after the shot. Not exactly Jordanesque but it will do.
Yes, Pacers fans, he stepped out of bounds. No, under the current rules that is not reviewable outside the final two minutes. Yes, the NBA should install a challenge system and centralized review to help deal with these kinds of situations. Still, that call is not why you lost this game. The refs are not your problem, your players are.
When shots like this are falling, it feels like destiny. And a looming 1-8 upset.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15