Apr 23, 2014, 2:34 AM EDT
Our quick look around the NBA, or what you missed while trying to decide if powdered alcohol was brilliant or just pure trouble, or both….
DeMar DeRozan, Toronto Raptors. It was far from a perfect game for the Raptors forward as he struggled defensively to contain Joe Johnson, but DeRozan led the Raptors in scoring and hit key free throws down the stretch to make sure they got the win. That said, he showed a diverse offensive repertoire that let him score from anywhere when the Raptors needed it. Toronto got important games from Jonas Valanciunas and Amir Johnson and Landry Fields (who was better than more John Salmons) but without DeRozan’s scoring it all goes to waste.
Paul George, Indiana Pacers. Early on there was too much isolation, but like the rest of the Pacers — particularly George Hill — he found his groove when they needed him. He finished with 27 points, 10 rebounds and 6 assists as part of a Pacers team that found its groove. At least for a half.
Bradley Beal, Washington Wizards. That was not exactly how coach Randy Wittman wanted the game to go — blowing a 17 point lead and needing overtime — but Bradley Beal was huge when they needed him, with 11 of his 26 points in the fourth quarter and the Wizards have a commanding 2-0 lead over the Bulls heading home. It wasn’t a perfect effort from Beal for sure — his double technical with Kirk Hinrich fired up the Bulls, and Beal missed a free throw and a shot to win it in regulation — but he was a guy they went to in the clutch for a reason. He was making plays.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 5
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 6
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 10
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 19
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 9
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31