Apr 22, 2014, 2:29 PM EDT
This was as expected as Netflix raising prices.
Kentucky’s Julius Randle is likely a top four pick in this draft, he will not drop past five (we’ll see how the draft lottery shakes things out before projecting slots), so he is entering the NBA Draft he announced Tuesday.
Randle, a 6’9”, 248 pound power forward, averaged 17.9 points and 12.2 rebounds a game for Kentucky, shooting 50 percent overall from the floor but he is a beast when he gets close to the rim (you saw that if you watched the NCAA Tournament). He’s got great size and agility for an NBA power forward, he can get out in transition and score.
PBT’s draft expert Ed Isaacson of NBADraftblog.com and Rotoworld put it this way:
“He has tremendous scoring ability within 8-10 feet. Should make a quick impact as a rebounder/post scorer for whoever takes him, but still needs to add more to his game long-term (defense, shooting).”
He’s also got to stop turning the ball over. However all the things we’re talking about are polish on a great foundation — that polish will come faster in the NBA, making the game his job and playing against better competition.
This was the right move for Randle, and he knew it.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10